Extemporaneously Kate

Everything by the seat of my pants!

13th sign (wtf i'm not a leo!?)

Posted by Kate on 11:34 AM
I made this for /fit/.  hehee
I just read that there is a thirteenth sign in the Zodiac, named Ophichus, thats shifting everyone's thoughs on the Zodiac as well as the signs themselves.  Ophichus, ranging from Nov.29-Dec.17, had been previously left out by the ancient Babylonians to have a 12 month calendar.  I'm thinking that when they decided that, the thought process was much like when the Mayans decided to end their calender on the date they did.  "Bah, in thousands and thousands of years, who's going to care?"

LOL.

So now, whatever sign you are, step a sign back.  That's what you really are.  I'm so glad I neglected to get the Leo symbol tattooed on me.  Aside from the fact that it looks like semen, I just didn't always feel like a Leo.   Oh sure, I'm full of myself but not all the time.  *snicker*

its gonna impregnate you!

And many people are pretty butt hurt over this.  I can see why.  Identify with something your entire life and then suddenly, "nope! you're dumb!"   Yeah, if I cared, I'd be pretty butt hurt too.  Experts say that this wasn't a sudden bomb dropped on hippies.  This has been here all along.  We've just been following the Tropic Zodiac which is different from the Astrological Zodiac.    Feel free to be confused at this point.  Apparently the Tropical Zodiac is more in tune with the earth and the seasons and is used by Westerners anyway.  So really you can relax because there are two Zodiacs and whichever one you like, you can use.   


The silliness.  It kills me.


Comments (4)


Anonymous Anonymous
January 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want to stay as a Pisces D:

Thanks for explaining though, I was really confused. I thought they changed the other zodiac (the 12 years, in which I would be a goat)

Blogger Ada
January 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

Ooo I'm a Saggitaruruarurus! I always felt uncool as Capricorn lol

Blogger focusing the lens
January 14, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

There's an article or two out right now that explains things, but. Basically, we've been using the seasonal signs for centuries. They're aligned to the equinoxes, not the actually alignment of stars.

... in short, your star sign hasn't actually changed as far as the majority of astrologers are concerned. Very few people actually adhere to which stars are where, because they've moved around so over time already.

Blogger watchman
January 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM  

nice blog, just subbed to it, fellow texan checking in

Make sure to follow mine at thewatchfanatic.blogspot.com

Post a Comment