Extemporaneously Kate

Everything by the seat of my pants!

Hooking break/walmart rant

Posted by Kate on 12:32 PM
I'm thinking about putting down the hook and yarn and picking up the needle and thread.  My sewing skills aren't exactly off the charts or anything but I'd like to improve them.  The most I've sewn is a skirt and top for ren-fest.  I've sewn other little things but I'd like to get into it more.  There a crap load of patterns I want to make.   Many of them are the 40's-60's vintage retro style.  Then I want to make some steampunk and gothy type daily wear.    I dunno.  I just want to dress nifty and I can't find anything nifty in Small Town, Texas.  I'll probably have to go online to find some of the fabric I would want to use.  

GOD DAMNED WALMART!  Sorry.  I just had to get that out.  I have a love hate relationship with Wally World, as many of you do.  I live in a smaller city and there is practically no where else to shop.  Many stores are like, "Fuck it.  Walmart carries it, we'll just stop selling it."  and it bottle necks the business into the corporate mega whore.  The greeters/cart givers at our Walmart don't even greet or give out carts anymore!  They just kind of grunt at you.  Literally.    And when i check out, I thought the checker was supposed to put my groceries in the bags and then in the cart.  There is no sign saying , "Put your own shit in your own cart."  And yet when I'm checking out, the cashier and I get into a Mexican stand-off over who puts the groceries in the basked.  YOU PUT THE FOOKING GROCERIES IN THE BASKET!!!!  I'M NOT ON THE GOD DAMNED  CLOCK!!

And all of this really rustles my jimmies.  






Wow.  I kind of went into rant-mode there.  

Comments (7)


Blogger Ada
January 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

Not going to lie but grunting Walmart employees are too funny ;_;

Anonymous Anonymous
January 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Man, that's like the South Park episode involving Wal-mart. I don't blame you for ranting, Wal-Mart is full of awkward lulz and rage.

Blogger E. A.
January 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM  

Thankfully, most stores around here aren't of that 'WM has it, we'll stop selling it' because our WM's suck and overcharge, so mom n pop stores are still prevalent around my small ass state.

I also used to work for WallyWorld. The suck ass as employers. It's very 1984. :(

Blogger Munich and Berlin
January 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

man, It's been over 5 years since I went into a walmart

Blogger HSP
January 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

I don't think we really have something like Walmart in Australia. There's a Costco in my city, but there's only ONE of them. Most of what I know about Walmart is from People of Walmart, lol.

Blogger Larissa
January 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

Lately, the WalMarts around here have been cutting each department to make room for the supermarket section. Since they only carry a limited variety of items now, it's better to just go to specialty stores.

Blogger focusing the lens
January 10, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

No HEB? :(
Not even one? :(
Not that they're much better than WalMart...but.

I lived in a small town for university, and WalMart was the only place to get everything at once there, too. We had a HyVee (a Midwestern grocery chain), but they were generally expensive, and only good for buying liquor.

Post a Comment