Extemporaneously Kate

Everything by the seat of my pants!

Another Movie Rant.

Posted by Kate on 9:31 PM
You know what movie was awesome?  Machete was awesome.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm of Mexican decent.  I'm saying that because I genuinely loved it.  Much like The Fifth Element, which I watched every day for a year (a story for another time, kiddies), I could watch Machete (too lazy for underlines from this point on) again and again.

And again and again and again.


I man, just look at that face.  

That's the look of love.

After watching that movie, I felt closer to my people.  It was campy, trashy, bloody, and violent yet poignant as hell.  Now, I'm not going to go all "Brown Panther" on you right now and I had always taken the fact that I was born in the United States for granted but for some reason this stirred deep love for my Mexican brethren.  Leave it to blood, boobs, and guns to give me feelings shitty depressing border towns can't give.  This movie really appealed to my sense of justice, disdain for discrimination, and love for the campy 70's movies of yore.  

Actually, this post had no point really.


Comments (3)


Blogger April
January 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM  

You had me at bloody and violent! If it's on netflix I'll give it a watch.

Anonymous Anonymous
January 25, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

dude when I saw it was going to come out as a real movie, I was like, WAIT, SO THAT WAS A REAL TRAILER? :OOOOO Sadly, I have yet to watch this... I wanted to watch it in theaters too )':

If only they would make a Werewolf Women of the SS!

Blogger focusing the lens
January 25, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

"Leave it to blood, boobs, and guns to give me feelings shitty depressing border towns can't give."

... well said. haha

Post a Comment