Extemporaneously Kate

Everything by the seat of my pants!

Nose piercing

Posted by Kate on 11:00 PM
So I got my nose pierced over the weekend in Austin.  I got it done at Affinity Body Piercing on 6th Street.  I had wanted to do this for a few years and had checked them out a month ago when I was in Austin for a hair show.  I was impressed by their professionalism and knowledge just over the phone.  That's why I chose to go there when I finally did the deed.  

Victor Vandoren is the gentleman who shoved his finger up my nose and then later stabbed it with a very sterile piece of metal.  It was all very magical, I assure you.  They had a lovely selection of jewelry, the studio was clean, and everyone had that look that says "I know my shit."   They showed me their sterilization process as well as their maintenance records on their machinery.    They also provided me with extensive and accurate information on the piercing, including what to expect and after care.

All in all, I paid $75 bucks for the jewelry and the piercing and I feel like I got what I paid for.  I mean that in a good way.  The nose stud he used was by NeoMetal.  It was titanium with a flat back like you would see on a labret stud.  It also didn't have threads.  Just kind of popped and locked into the post.

So after the paperwork, and the tour, and the sterilization process, he marked my nose and then had me lay down on the table.  Then he cleaned out my left nostril.   To have your nose picked by someone else is a strange sensation.  Afterwards the world smelled of soap. :)  Next came a sterile plastic tube which was inserted into my nose to give the needle and nose something to stabilize against.  Then I took a breath, let it out, and in went the needle.

Now, I've had piercings before.  I've got my earlobes done with three holes in each, and my eyebrow pierced.  All of these were bearable.  If I had to make a scale of pain, I'd say the cartilage ear piercing was the most painful/annoying and my eyebrow was the least painful.   Getting my nose pierced was somewhere in the middle.

Ok. Needle is in.  That's when things get kind of fuzzy because it happened pretty fast.  But the next thing I knew, the post was in and the needle was being pulled out, then the back was on and I was pierced! :D  I was sore for about ten minutes if that.  All I'm doing for aftercare is not touching it.  NO TOUCHIE!!  All it gets is a saline bath twice a day.  That's it.  According to my piercer, my body will handle the rest if I stay out of the way.  It's pretty touch to not poke at it but I'm doing my best.  I want this piercing to heal well and heal quickly.

Today, one day later, no problems.  I'm not even sore.  I thought I would be but nope.  No tenderness, no redness.  I am very pleased with the experience thus far. ^__^

Comments (13)


Blogger Coriander
October 25, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

Oh man~
My mom took me in one day and got my earlobes pierced for me when I was like-- six.
. . . I don't even think I wanted them.
One of the ears got pierced crooked. I had no clue what girl freaked out about, so I freaked out too.
All was well after~
A nose piercing sounds cool though! T':<

Blogger Kate
October 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

when I got my second holes in my earlobes done, they came out crooked. >:(

Blogger Rachel The Bad Kitty
October 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

We have a lot in common! I crochet, I like piercings, and I live in San Antonio. If you ever have a question about a crochet pattern, feel free to drop me a line!

Blogger Fatty-Chan
October 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

...I can't get over the price.
I paid $25 for mine.But at least it didn't get infected. C:

Blogger Ada
October 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Oh gosh, breathing while getting your nose pierced must've been scary or surreal xD

Blogger Larissa
October 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

I used to want to get a nose piercing, but when I got my cartilage done, it was done badly so it bled a lot and got infected. That turned me off of getting more piercings.

Blogger EVolz
October 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

The only piercings I have are my ears, but I've always wanted my eyebrow pierced. I'm such a wuss for pain, though!
I want to smell a soapy, clean world...

Blogger !Cars, Cars, Cars!
October 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Nice bet it looks good

Blogger Bravestarr
October 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Piercings are always awesome :3

Blogger Kate
October 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

@ Rachel- I love San Antonio! :D and will do if i need help ^_^

@Fatty-chan- Yeah, in hindsight it was pretty steep.

@Ada- it was awkward. heheee, so i breathed out of my mouth. Seriously, getting my nose picked by someone else was the wonky part.

@Larissa- I did not enjoy getting my cartilage done. I rarely put anything in there unless i'm in the mood to. I

@EVolz- My eyebrow piercing was my first "alternative" piercing and it wasn't too bad. I too am of the wussy clan. The worst part was just getting worked up about it. I remember it being a little sore after but nothing horrible.

@Cars- Thanks! It is totally sparkly. :D

Blogger Kate
October 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

@ Bravestarr- oh yes. Piercings and tattoos! :D

Blogger RobotAmputee
October 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

I was **this close** to getting my lip done, went into the piercing place and everything, but I just couldn't go back to go through with it. ;~;

Blogger Lallafa
October 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

When I got mine pierced I had to rotate the ring a couple times a day...And the salt baths of course. So weird to have just one nostril under water.

Post a Comment