Extemporaneously Kate

Everything by the seat of my pants!

Saturday in Austin.

Posted by Kate on 2:42 PM
  I went to Austin yesterday with my childhood best friend.  We've been friends since elementary school.  Almost a solid 20 years.  Wowza.

Anywhoo, Manders wanted to go see a few museums for extra credit in her college drawing class and invited me along.  I wish I could have taken pictures of the exhibits we saw because they were amazing.  We saw one of the Gutenberg Bibles and the first ever photograph in the Harry Ransom Center which is on the UT Campus.  I had never actually been on the UT campus.  It was really pretty.  I wish I could have taken pictures of what we saw in that museum but cameras weren't permitted.  :(  there was some douchebag who was taking pictures but I didn't want to be that asshole who can't follow directions.

We also went to a musemum  that was dedicated to women artists.  I didn't get many pictures of that but I did get a few.




So what was nifty.  We went to a few other museums but I'm not really the "artsy" type.    I can't help it.  I'm just not that into art.  It's either pretty or ugly.  Cool or lame.  I still had fun dangling my toes in something I don't usually indulge in.

What was TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME was the Museum of Weird on 6th street.

Museum of the Weird
They had this cool shop with campy horror type stuff and in the back, the museum.  Even further back, this cool magician who let me chain him up and then told my fortune.  No lie.  







That was so cool.  So very cool.  Wow.  I don't know how to arrange photos on my blog.  XD  We also went to momoko's but I am kind of annoyed at the fact that I didn't plan this blog out better.  I'm going to probably upload these pics to my webpage adn then just link them so there's not a clusterfuck of pix here.  ^_^()

I also got my nose pierced.  i'll write a separate blog on that later.

All in all I had a blast with Manders!

Comments (2)


Blogger razortek
October 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

wow great post keep it up man :D

Blogger Coriander
October 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

Holy cyclops cow--
Ffffff--
T--That's so cool.
D':<

Post a Comment